Monday, June 18, 2007

A Gladiator in the Rough

For those that aren't familiar with my work habits, I almost always toss in a DVD and through in a DVD and turn on a commentary track to have something working "behind me" in the background as I type, make notes, plan world domination - whatever. For my birthday in April, my wife got me a copy of the Gladiator Extended Edition which I'd wanted since it came out and thanks to SLACKERS (a second-hand DVD/music shop) and $17, I am now the proud owner of one.

So what's the big deal you say? Is it as awesome or even more so than the original release? Honestly I haven't "seen" enough of it to tell you that yet, but folks - there is a Gladiator Diamond in the Rough awaiting those of you that are commentary track feature phreaks or who are hard of hearing/Deaf.

Included in this edition, is a commentary track from Director Ridley Scott, and the Gladiator himself, Russell Crowe that is (drumroll) CAPTIONED!

That's right! For what I think is the first time ever in DVD history, the commentary track is captioned, which offers people like my (Deaf) wife, and others the opportunity to "hear" the great nuggets of movie-making an acting history in a grand movie like "Gladiator".

My personal kudos go out to the creators of this DVD set and i implore others to take on this (though decidedly expensive) task to offer even more people the golden magic that is commentary tracks for everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home