Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Back to the Future 4 in Our Future? Say It Ain't So.

Whilest looking for links on the IMDB Website, I saw a note that caught my eye and immediately sparked horror:

"Fox Heading 'Back to the Future'?
Michael J. Fox is heading Back To The Future for a fourth time-traveling movie. The actor, who suffers from Parkinson's disease, admits he's in negotiations for a final film in the series - but only if they make his character as old as he is in real life. The former Spin City star wants to take over Christopher Lloyd's eccentric scientist character, Doc, in the sequel. He tells movie website Moviehole.net, "The only way it would work would be if I played Doc. I'm 44-years-old now and I'm not interested in running around on skateboards! I think after 1, 2 and 3 we all kind of felt we had done it. And I think if they did it again now they would do it with a younger cast and just do a different realisation of it, which would be fun." "

There are fewer bigger fans than I of the Back to the Future franchise. I remember vividly the hunt for the VHS editions of the movies when I was a kid in the 80's and their arrival on DVD was akin to all of the STAR WARS hype for me. That being said, I can think of few other things that would SUCK MORE than "another" Back to the Future" movie, that would feature Michael J Fox as Doc Brown and some other, newer lead roles.

Has Hollywood and their ilk finally realized that they can't come up with something ORIGINAL? How many like-camera angles, winks and nods and cameo appearances would we all be subject to in another offering of Back to the Future?

Please, for the love of GAWD, and for the sake of continuing the fantastic lexicon in Earth history that is Back to the Future - DO NOT subject us to the fourth edition of what is a perfect three-part series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home