Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Recent Acquisitions... August 2005...

Good grief, how the summer FLIES...

My wife and I celebrated our most recent Anniversary (our 10th Wedding anniversary and 15 year "since we met" Anniversary) and I got several items from her to commemorate them as well as some other additions that continue to run the spectrum of entertainment in the Wilkerson houshold.

On to the list

The Simpsons: Season 6 DVD Collection: We are always excited to receive a season of what is one of the most overlooked series in recent times. I look forward to watching/listening to this set and providing a review at a future date. There is also a develpment in the "new Hollowed Out Head" debate. Check that out over here.

Constantine: I have long been hoping that Keanu Reeves would break out of the Neo mode, and this one almost makes it happen. It's a very dark film, that has lots of great points, including some remarkable effects, some sit upright in your seats moments and some neat character casting. It missed the mark by just a hair. I'll pound out a review of it soon.

The Muppet Show: Season One Set: I have long known that the magic of my childhood was housed in a little green felt frog named "Kermit." This show was one of the most influential elements of my childhood. 1976 was the year that my parents marriage started to dematerialize which left me very on my own to find my way as I could and the Muppet Show was a staple that I would race home on my dirt bike to see. I look very forward to revisiting this and the next 5 seasons.

Sin City: This was something of a treat that I completely missed this year. The actors are there, the special effects are literally state-of-the-art, and I look forward to seeing it.

Sesame Street Compilation: All Just $4.88 - The proud tradition of Sesame Street continues on to my daughter, Jade, and this series of DVD's passes on some of the basic magic, and much of the newer magic of Sesame Street. For parents out there, I completely recommend them.

- Big Bird Sings
- The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland
- Elmo's World: Wake Up with Elmo!
- Friends to the Rescue (A Hurricane Hits Sesame Street!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home